Welcome to SantaSearch!
SantaSearch is a safe place for you to have fun with your friends and family. Santa
and everyone at the Northpole wants you to feel safe here, and they want to make sure you
protect yourself when you're online. As long as you follow a few important safety rules,
the Internet is a great place to learn new things and have fun. Follow these safety tips
whenever you're online.
SantaSearch Internet safety tips:
- NEVER give out your full name, your telephone number, the name of your school or your
street address over the Internet unless you have your parent's permission.
- NEVER arrange a face-to-face meeting with someone you meet online.
- Be careful if you receive e-mail messages or files from a stranger -- ALWAYS let an
adult open them first.
- Sometimes web sites ask you to send in material for them to post online. ALWAYS check
with your parents before sending a photo or anything you've written to someone you don't
- ALWAYS tell your parents if you see bad language or something that makes you feel
- ALWAYS get your parents permission before clicking on links to other sites (including
- NEVER buy anything online or give out credit card information without your parent's
Review the following agreement with your parents and post them by the computer as a reminder.
- I will tell my parents right away if I come across any information that makes me feel uncomfortable.
- I will not give out my address, telephone number, or the name and location of my school without my parent's permission.
- I will never agree to get together with someone I "meet" online without first checking with my parents. If my parents agree to the meeting, I will be sure that it is in a public place and bring my mother or father along.
- If I get a message that is mean, or makes me feel uncomfortable, I will not respond. It is not my fault if I get a message like that, and I will tell my parents if I do.
- I will work with my parents so that we can set up rules for going online. We will decide upon the time of day that I can be online, the length of time I can be online, and areas that I am allowed to visit. I will not access other areas or break these rules without their permission.