Updating Your Web Browser
SantaSearch wants to make your experience on our website easier and more enjoyable.
As technology for building web pages advances, the browsers you use to view web pages are
also periodically updated. New features added to the SantaSearch website that offer
enhanced opportunities for visualization and interaction often depend on the viewer using
an updated browser. By using the most recent web browsers available, it will take you less
time to navigate the website, while making it more fun and educational at the same time.
It's easy to upgrade!
Use the "Help" button usually located along the very top of your current web
browser to determine which version of the browser you are using.
- If you are currently using Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.x or greater, click
"Tools' from the main menu and select "Windows Update." Doing so allows
Explorer to catalog the installed components of your system and produce a list of
appropriate updates for Internet Explorer as well as Windows.
- If you are currently using Netscape 3.x or higher, click "Help" on the main
Netscape menu and select "Software Updates." This goes to Netscape's "Smart
Update" page. Simply follow their instructions.
- If you have an earlier version of the above browsers, go to the following sites to
download a full new release:
When printing certain pages in "portrait" mode within SantaSearch, you
may find that text on the right side of the page is cut off. To print the entire width of
the page, choose "landscape" mode from your printer menu. To do this, you will
need to do one of the following:
- From the "File" menu, click on "Print." This will open the
"Print" dialogue box. Choose "Properties" for your designated printer.
This will open another dialogue box. Look for the "Orientation" section and
click the radio button next to "Landscape." Click "OK" for both
If you encounter trouble, consult the documentation or "Help" within your
- From the "File" menu, click on "Page Setup." This will open the
"Printer Setup" dialogue box. Look for the "Orientation" section and
click the radio button next to "Landscape." Click "OK" and print the
SantaSearch makes use of MIDI music sound files throughout our web site. In order
to hear MIDI files on the Web, you must:
For more info check out the following web page: http://www.aitech.ac.jp/~ckelly/midi/help/index2.html
- have a system with a sound card capable of playing MIDI
- have the proper sound and MIDI drivers installed on your system
- have a MIDI helper application or plugin set up in your Web browser
To find a MIDI player, helper application, or plugin for your web browser check out the
following web page: http://www.aitech.ac.jp/~ckelly/midi/help/midi-players.html